Name: Laelatul Badriyah
Subject: Media Pembelajaran Bahasa Inggris
Media is a plural of medium.Media is Objects on which data can be stored. These include hard disks, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, and tapes. In computer networks, media refers to the cables linking workstations together. There are many different types of transmission media, the most popular being twisted-pair wire (normal electrical wire), coaxial cable (the type of cable used for cable television), and fiber optic cable (cables made out of glass). The form used to communicate information. Multimedia presentations, for example, combine sound, pictures, and videos, all of which are different types of media. Media is various means of comunication for example: television, radio, and the newspaper are different type of media.
The second: Teaching Aid
A teaching aid is a tool used by teachers, facilitators, or tutors to help learners improve reading and other skills illustrate or reinforce a skill, fact, or idea, and relieve anxiety, fears, or boredom, since many teaching aids are like games.
As a teacher we have to discover and involve students more in classroom discussion and activities by following certain simple steps.
- Movement: it's mean Sitting behind a desk or standing on a dais creates a "distance" between the teacher and the students.
- Use body language : it's meanYour body should be in your control
- Eye contact : it's mean you make an effort to keep eyes lively, aware and interested.
- Gesture : it's mean your arms and hands are a very expressive visual aid
- Facial expression : it's mean There's nothing worse than a constant frown, which discourages students from asking questions, feeling free to discuss a problem or coming for help. A smile can work wonders.
- Speech: it's mean you will be critical of yourself. Try taping your voice - listen to yourself. Where are you slipping up? And Make your own personal checklist:
- Student talk: it's mean you break the monotony and give students plenty of time to talk! It will keep them alert. Make small jokes, be friendly
- Names : it's mean you Call students by their name. It sounds warmer and friendlier and lessens the distance between the teacher and learner.
There are four English Teaching Aids
· Use many visuals in the classroom. For example, wall displays posters, realia, flash cards, graphic organizers etc.
· Use audio tapes and videos, storytelling, songs, jazz chants, memorization and drills
· Allow learners to work in pairs and small groups regularly.
· Use physical activities, competitions, board games, role plays etc.
· Intersperse activities which require students to sit quietly with activities that allow them to move around and be active
· Use board and card games, demonstrations, projects, role plays etc.
· Use while-listening and reading activities. For example, ask students to fill in a table while listening to a talk, or to label a diagram while reading